Thesis supervisors: M. Antònia Martí and Maria Salamó
Research Interests: Automatic paraphrase recognition, Distributional Semantics, Machine Learning, Paraphrase typology, Semantic similarity, Semantic compositionality, Textual Entailment.
- Martí, M. A., Taulé, M, Kovatchev, V., and Salamó, M. "DISCOver: DIStributional approach based on syntactic dependencies for discovering COnstructions", at Corpus Linguistics and Linguistic Theory, 2019
- Kovatchev, V., Martí, M. A., and Salamó, M., "WARP-Text: A Web-Based Tool for Annotating Relationships Between Pairs of Texts", at Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, 2018, System Demonstrations
- Kovatchev, V., Martí, M. A., and Salamó, M., "ETPC - A Paraphrase Identification Corpus Annotated with Extended Paraphrase Typology and Negation", at Proceedings of the 11th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference, 2018
- Kovatchev, V., Salamó, M., and Martí, M. A., "Comparing models of distributional semantics for identifying groups of semantically related words", at Procesamiento de Lenguage Natural, 57, 2016.
- "Introduction to NLP", Master on Foundations of Data Science, University of Barcelona, 2016-2017
- "Introduction to NLP", Master on Foundations of Data Science, University of Barcelona, 2017-2018
Conference and Event Оrganization
- Organizing committee at RELATIONS 2019 - Workshop on meaning relations between phrases and sentences
- Organizing committee at the Student Research Workshops associated with the conference "Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing", 2017, 2019
- Monitor at the Lisbon Machine Learning School, 2018
Awards and Grants
APIF pre-doctoral grant, University of Barcelona, 2017-2020
Research Stay at the University of Duisburg-Essen (Sep-Dec 2018)